1. Seek professional advice before planning a bathroom remodel. You may need to consider local water regulations, existing plumbing facilities and the way your house is constructed.
2. What is the role of teh new bathroom? It's more than the positioning of basic fixtures such as the bath, basin and toilet. Make sure your plan allows for plenty of floor for wall space and for towel rail, mirror and storage.
3. Do you need to make any changes to existing services and will structural work be required? Will you need to move any doors, windows or walls? Will you need to make changes to the electricity wiring, water and drains?
4. Do you have enough space to accommodate your chosen fittings as well as enough room to move them into position? Think about how much room will be required for toiletries, storing towels, medicines etc.
5. Decide what you need as far as heating, ventilation and lighting. These are important to ensure that your bathroom has enough light and works efficiently.